Hydraulic Presses & Machinery for Job Shops
In a dedicated job shop, no two workdays are the same. With such a wide range of production methods to cover, job shops need presses that are versatile enough to handle their varied workloads. Beckwood’s presses are engineered to maximize efficiency, no matter what type of project comes through your shop’s doors.
We offer presses and forming machines which are designed to deliver unmatched process flexibility. Learn about how our high-performance machinery can boost your job shop’s efficiency, so you can do more of what you do best:
Ascent™ Hydraulic Press – 100 to 400 Ton Standard Presses
- Beckwood’s Ascent™ line of standard hydraulic presses is pre-engineered for fast shipment and cost efficiency. Through our standardization of the press designs, Ascent customers realize up to 50% lower cost and lead time compared to custom machinery, without sacrificing quality or performance. All Ascent models feature a unitized frame designed to the Infinite Life classification and a gib guidance system for ultimate precision and rigidity.
- The latest generation of our popular 100 ton hydraulic press, the Ascent-100 is ideal for a wide range of applications and forming processes. Engineered for production efficiency, all six models in our Ascent-100 line minimize operator fatigue, improve accuracy and repeatability, and reduce environmental impact–all while being easy to install, maintain, and operate.
- Our standard 200-ton hydraulic press is ideal for an array of applications and forming processes. Whether you’re a small job shop or a large production facility, the Ascent-200 will dramatically improve your repeatability, precision, and reliability. This model features a flexible, pre-engineered design with 10 different frame sizes to choose from. A unitized, gib-guided frame comes standard on every Ascent 200 ton hydraulic press and offers the highest degree of precision and rigidity available today. For operations requiring heat and/or additional safety features, we can also supply electrically heated platens and a variety of safety equipment to meet your needs.
- The Ascent 300 ton hydraulic press is one of our most flexible designs because it is offered in 8 different frame sizes ranging from 36″ x 36″ to 60″ x 72″. Whether you need a small forming area or a large one, the Ascent 300 will meet your production needs. From small job shops to large production facilities, manufacturers of all sizes are benefitting from the unitized, gib-guided frame that comes standard on every Ascent press. This 300 ton hydraulic press will dramatically improve your repeatability, precision, and reliability. For operations requiring heat and/or additional safety features, we can also supply electrically heated platens and a variety of safety equipment to meet your needs.
- The Ascent 400 ton hydraulic press is offered in 5 unique, heavy-duty frame sizes to accommodate a variety of larger parts that require higher tonnages. Whether you’re a small job shop or a large production facility, the Ascent-400 will dramatically improve your repeatability, precision, and reliability. For operations requiring heat and/or additional safety features, we can also supply electrically heated platens and a variety of safety equipment to meet your needs.
Benchtop Hydraulic Presses
- A benchtop hydraulic press is characterized by its compact footprint, production versatility, and relatively low-cost. Typically offered in a c-frame configuration, they are commonly used for laboratory work, small-scale production, or research and development applications including material testing, sample preparation, pressing and forming of small parts, and general-purpose assembly and disassembly operations. Beckwood benchtop hydraulic presses are standardized for quick shipment and cost effectiveness yet can be customized for key process parameters including stroke, shut height, daylight, and speed. Our c-frame benchtop models range from 3 to 55 tons, so you’re sure to find the right press for your light-duty application. Additionally, these machines integrate seamlessly with ancillary equipment like coil feeders, robots, conveying systems and more, so creating an automated production workcell is simple. For applications requiring increased accuracy, precision, and energy efficiency, Beckwood also offers a premium line of configurable, low-tonnage benchtop and floor-mounted servo-electric presses.
EVOx™ and LSP™ – Linear Servo-Electric Presses
- Beckwood’s EVOx™ line of c-frame and 4-post servo-electric presses offers a low-maintenance alternative to traditional hydraulic systems while maintaining the accuracy and precision your application requires. Servo-electric presses use an all-electric actuation system in lieu of hydraulics or mechanical flywheels to precisely control the ram throughout the entire stroke. Eliminating the hoses, pumps, and hydraulic oil improves cleanliness, energy efficiency, and operator safety while lowering operational and maintenance costs. With standard models ranging from 5,000 lbf to 100,000 lbf (2.5 to 50 tons), EVOx presses make light-duty part formation and assembly easy.
- Complex draw work and stamping high-strength alloys require tight process control. With Beckwood LSP™, you can easily program ram position, travel distance, and speeds for maximum productivity. With instant feedback for diagnostics and data acquisition to record and measure torque, force, position, and time, no press offers more precision or better part quality. With presses ranging from 125 – 500 tons, Beckwood LSP™ offers the highest tonnage capacity of any linear servo press available. High precision, uptime, reliability, and unmatched forming flexibility are pillars of this world-class press technology. The use of a servo motor and linear motion system allows for greater control over the pressing process, including the ability to adjust the press force, speed, and stroke. This makes linear servo presses ideal for stamping of high-strength steels, complex draw forming, progressive die forming, assembly, and any application that requires high-precision and/or accuracy.
Custom Hydraulic Presses
- Beckwood specializes in engineering and building custom presses for every manufacturing challenge. This often means designing solutions that do not fit within a standard configuration in order to meet the unique needs and space requirements of specialized manufacturing facilities. A custom press engineered for your specific application and production facility will give you a competitive edge and prove its ROI faster than you might expect. In addition to custom frame styles, custom-engineered presses can also improve accuracy, efficiency, safety, and uptime depending on the options chosen during the design phase.
Machine Retrofits & Upgrades
- Beckwood leverages more than 40 years of manufacturing and retrofit experience to assess any hydraulic or servo-electric press – even if it wasn’t built by us – and offer a comprehensive retrofit proposal that’s configured to meet your specific needs while maximizing your investment. From updating system controls and auditing used presses to installing heated platens or performing a complete press rebuild, our expert technicians will ensure your machine continues to exceed expectations long into the future.