Pioneering a New Pressing Method
Beckwood LSP™ is a high-end linear servo press line that uses patented gearbox technology to achieve the highest degree of forming flexibility at production-level speeds. With presses ranging from 125 – 500 tons, Beckwood LSP™ offers the highest tonnage capacity of any linear servo press available today. While some improvements have been made to hydraulic and mechanical presses over the last few decades to increase efficiency and precision, the technologies have remained relatively unchanged—until now. High precision, uptime, reliability, and unmatched forming flexibility are pillars of this world-class press technology.
Linear Servo Press Uses
Linear servo presses are optimal for both servo-mechanical press applications and hydraulic press applications alike. This includes stamping of high-strength steels, complex draw forming, progressive die forming, assembly, and any application that requires high-precision and/or accuracy.
Benefits of a Linear Servo Press
- Flexible Forming: Complex draw work and stamping high-strength alloys require tight process control. With Beckwood LSP™, ram position, travel distance, and speeds can be easily programmed for maximum productivity. With instant feedback for diagnostics and data acquisition to record and measure torque, force, position, and time, no press offers more precision or better part quality.
- Full Tonnage Throughout the Stroke: Unlike servo-mechanical presses, linear servo presses achieve full tonnage at any point in the stroke, so BDC and TDC are eliminated. This also means we don’t de-rate tonnages for long draws or long strokes, and tooling can be designed to accommodate any shut height. Never over-buy on tonnage to compensate for BDC again!
- Improved Die Handling: Because the linear servo actuators maintain extreme parallelism during each cycle, tooling last longer than with traditional pressing methods. Additionally, tonnage monitoring with overload protection is standard on every cycle, and die setup and changeover are simplified because a counterbalance system is not required.
- Fewer Components=No Maintenance: Because this linear servo press line is fully electric, it doesn’t use crankshafts, flywheels, external lubrication systems, or hydraulic power units. This eliminates prolonged downtime, part contamination, and costly repairs. The simplified design results in up to 60% fewer components on your BOM, easy set-up, and fast troubleshooting. Linear servo presses can run millions of cycles before maintenance is required.
- Energy Efficiency: A large amount of electricity is required to power a hydraulic system, even when the press is idle. Linear servo presses use energy on-demand, yielding energy and cost savings of up to 70% compared to hydraulic presses.
- Low Noise Output: By eliminating the HPU and large crankshaft and only using energy on-demand, ambient noise levels are greatly reduced.
Standard Linear Servo Presses
The Beckwood LSP™ product line features 8 standard models in an array of sizes, speeds, and tonnages. Refer to the chart below for our standard model specifications.