The popularity of thermoformed and reaction injection-molded (RIM) parts continues to increase demand for heated and/or cooled platen presses. Once reserved for specialized aerospace applications, compression molding and hot forming presses are now in widespread use across a variety of industries. These specialty machines are used to form parts from essentially any material, including metal alloys, fiber-reinforced plastics, composites, and rubber.
Beckwood’s compression molding presses are highly sophisticated manufacturing solutions engineered specifically to maximize process efficiency. From maintaining the constant application of heat throughout a specified dwell period, to precision pressure ramping, managing burp cycles and collecting specific cycle data for part quality verification, Beckwood heated presses help you perfect your forming operation.
Additional integrated, proprietary, technologies such as Beckwood’s Active Leveling Control (ALC), PressLink, Pre-Preventive Maintenance systems, and OEE Packages further add to the equipment’s proficiencies.
Available Compression Molding and Heated Platen Press Features:
- Electric, oil or steam heating systems
- Water cooled platens
- Multi-zone temperature control for extreme uniformity
- Multiple cavities for increased productivity
- Booking rams to facilitate ergonomic tool cleaning / inspection
- Bed shuttles for simplified tool loading and unloading
- Automatic insulated door systems for maximum heat efficiency
- Pneumatic dwell systems for energy efficiency
- Variable Frequency Drive for efficiency and noise reduction
- Data acquisition systems
- PressLink remote support
- Active Leveling Control