As the popularity of thermoformed, reaction injection-molded (RIM), and powder-compacted parts continues to increase, so does the demand for presses with heating and cooling capabilities. Once reserved for specialized aerospace applications, compression molding presses are now used in a variety of industries to form parts from essentially any material, including metals, alloys, fiber-reinforced plastics, powders, composites, and rubber.
Beckwood’s compression molding presses are engineered specifically to maximize process efficiency. From maintaining the consistent heat throughout a specified dwell period to precision pressure ramping, managing burp cycles, and collecting specific cycle data for part quality verification, Beckwood heated presses help you perfect your forming operation.
Available compression molding and heated platen press features:
- Electric, oil, or steam heating systems
- Water-cooled platens
- Multi-zone temperature control for extreme uniformity
- Multiple cavities for increased productivity
- Booking rams to facilitate ergonomic tool cleaning / inspection
- Bed shuttles for simplified tool loading and unloading
- Automatic insulated door systems for maximum heat efficiency
- Pneumatic dwell systems for energy efficiency
- Variable Frequency Drive for efficiency and noise reduction
- Data acquisition systems
- Active Leveling Control to counteract the effects of off-center loading