Modern manufacturers are challenged to generate parts faster, with less waste and more profitability than ever before. This requires a machine with increased versatility, accuracy, and repeatability. Beckwood hydraulic presses provide unlimited possibilities, unprecedented uptime and unmatched performance. Due to their unrivaled flexibility, hydraulic presses are ideal for Compression Molding, Hot Forming, Stamping, Punching, Blanking, Drawing, Bending, and more.
Hydraulic presses are incredibly versatile, accurate, and reliable, especially when compared to their mechanical counterparts. Here is why:
- Full Tonnage Throughout the Stroke – Hydraulic presses can generate full pressing force anywhere in the stroke, unlike mechanical presses which can only develop full force near the bottom of the stroke. This allows you to control a multitude of job parameters including travel distance, pressure, and return position. It’s this programming flexibility that yields a hydraulic press’ greatest advantage.
- Customization – The principles of hydraulic force inherently allow for creative engineering. Due to the programmability of the hydraulic system, a hydraulic press can meet your specific requirements whether they are simple or complex. With hydraulics, the possibilities are endless!
- Flexibility – Hydraulic Presses can be designed for traditional down-acting, up-acting, side-acting and multi-action operation. Power systems can be placed above, below, or adjacent to the press. Large bed presses can be designed for low tonnage applications, and small bed presses can be designed for high tonnage requirements.
- Compact Footprint – Since hydraulic systems can generate high pressure over a small surface area, hydraulic presses consume almost 50% less floor space than mechanical presses.
- Economical Maintenance & Service Costs – The simplicity of a hydraulic system and its standardized components make hydraulic presses more cost-effective than their mechanical counterparts. The vital components in mechanical presses, such as crankshafts, flywheels, and clutch/brake systems, are expensive to replace and often require custom manufacturing.
- Lower Tooling Costs/Longer Tool Life – Hydraulic press tooling is developed to fit the application, not the press. By incorporating hydraulic relief valves into the hydraulic circuits, a press’ force cannot exceed the pressure that it is allowed to build. This overload protection reduces stress on tooling and extends tool life.