Joggle presses can form multiple bends on sheet metal at the same time. Often, these bends are in opposite directions and less than 90°. This process is very useful in the formation of aerospace parts such as stiffeners, ribs, firewall assemblies, webs, formers, covers, and more.
The process can be done cold, however, heat is often added when working with tougher metal alloys such as titanium.
Precision is paramount in the joggle forming process due to the exactitude of the angles required when forming aerospace parts. Forming these parts without a joggle press is cumbersome and can result in material waste and extra expense.
Triform’s custom joggle forming presses deliver:
- Unmatched accuracy, bending power, and precision heating capacity resulting less waste and faster part turnaround
- Minimized material thinning and stress points compared to traditional rolling and machining methods
- The ability to combine multiple forming steps into a single action and reduce reliance on skilled labor
- Increased accuracy and repeatability with user-friendly controls
- An electrically-heated bed fixture, using cartridge heaters, and thermocouples