Four-post presses, also known as 4-column presses, can be designed to accommodate dies of any size and are well suited for part manufacturing that requires superior rigidity and precise bed-to-ram parallelism. Beckwood custom hydraulic and servo-electric 4-post presses are designed with modular tie-rod construction and built for Infinite Life™.
Whether you choose hydraulic or servo-electric actuation, each press is guided by replaceable, graphite-impregnated bronze bushings and solid, chrome-plated posts to ensure years of maintenance-free, reliable operation. Beckwood’s precision bushings provide superior ram guidance and eliminate the need for external lubrication.
Advantages of 4-Post Presses
- Typically more economical than gib-guided presses
- Allow four-sided access to the working area
- Modular design, built to your specifications
- Virtually no restrictions on tonnage or bed size customization
- Optimal for off-center loading when equipped with Beckwood’s proprietary Active Leveling Control System